Friday, 4 March 2011

The Studio Blog Hop

Hi everyone!!

The Studio Challenges welcomes you to our blog hop!
You should have arrived here from Heather, but if you haven't you need to go back to the start of this list..

The Studio

Amanda Jones

Anna
Heather
Lisa (Me)
Nadia Cannizzo
Teresa
Val
Brenda
Fabi
Natalie Hearn
Rossella
Tessa Buys
Irini Liolia
Julie Dix
Julie Tucker-Wolek
The Studio

We hope you feel inspired along the way, as we have this beautiful sketch, kindly designed for us by the super talented Anna Bowkis - Founder of Pencil Lines. Each design member from The Studio has created their own layout, card or off the page version based on this sketch.



Our main sponsor for a prize on the studio blog is Scrap With V.
In order to be entered for the main prize you must be or become a follower AND comment on ALL blogs along the way.

There will also be some other prizes along the way which our Design Team have kindly donated.
To win these, you need only comment on and follow the blog which is giving the prize. The randomly chosen winners for these prizes will be announced at that Design Team member's blog.




So here is my RAK that I am donating for the draw for all new followers that comment on this post and became followers of my blog through this blog hop!
As I'm a big fan of journaling, I've put together a little journal bag.
A couple of pens, lots of journal notes, tags, tickets, two new stamps and also embellies.


So all you need to do to be in with a chance to with this pack from me is become a new follower and leave me a comment here to let me know that you did and I will put your name in the draw. Also, your comment will still count towards the main prize!

And here is my page that I made using Anna's sketch.
(click to enlarge)



My little Hollie age 6.



A funny story about the time when she told me that she needed to dress as a butterfly for school. So we spent ages putting together this bright costume. We made huge wings sticking lots of strips of tissue on to decorate.
She said they were changing in the afternoon at school and parents were invited in to see what the kids had recently been doing.
When I went in, all the others were in normal summer dress and there was Hollie, this big pink butterfly. The only thing her teacher could come up with was that they had been learning about bugs that week. But Hollie really didn't care that she stood out like that : )
Thankfully her school teacher had her very own Hollie, same name and everything, so was always very understanding of my Hollie and her quirks : )



So there you go, my first blog hop. A sketch, a LO, a prize.
All you need to do is follow me if you don't already and leave a comment here please.


I will announce the winner here soon after the blog hop ends.

The Blog Hop starts today, March 4th and runs through Tuesday 7th March with the winner of the major prize to be announced on The Studio blog.
If you want to join in and use the sketch, you can so here.

Thank you for visiting and taking part in our blog hop!
We hope you found some inspiration along the way.

And now it's on to the very talented Nadia.
This girl is amazing. Enjoy : )

Thanks for stopping by xxx

44 comments:

Scraptastic Mel x said...

Great layout Lisa. Great double misting!

Diana Fisher said...

*Sigh* Your work is always so fabulous!! :)

Sue said...

Love the masking job and the journalling !!!

Helena Virpi said...

Now I'm officially your follower:) but I've been following your blog for a long time.
Lovely misting and the journaling is super cute.

Helena Virpi said...

sorry, can you tell Heather that I can't leave a comment on her blog. it's not working - at least at the moment.

Jimjams said...

What a funny story - and what fab handwriting you have - so neat!

K said...

Another fan of journalling here, but my handwriting is nowhere as neat as yours

EFI said...

Wow!!! Your layout is awesome! I love the misting and masking!

Eleni Gratsia said...

Wow, love your combination of misting and stamping ... and your journalling too!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I sooooooooooo love love love this Lisa! I loveeeeeeeee the misting and that story is PRECIOUS!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cristina C. said...

So lovely your little butterfly... thank you for this blog hop and prize!! I see you used masking... with a very good result!

Ελευθερία said...

a lot of misting, stamping, masking... wow!!! a lot of work!! i enjoyed your challenge at the Get Creative... i like this one also!!!
off to Nadia!!!!

yyam said...

Excellent work Lisa. Love the masking, misting and stamping! And love the journal blocks too! Brilliant!

Have a sweet weekend Lisa!

Heather Jacob said...

amazing just amazing .... such magical work here !!! love it just adore it !!! hugz x

Sandi said...

I am a new follower and I must say your blog and your work leaves me breathless. You are very talented.

Kelly said...

You are so good with the mists!

Suzy said...

beautiful layout! love the journaling! I'm a new follower!
-Suzy
suzyq28024@gmail.com

Lynnda Hosni said...

What can I say... I just love your work..your pages...your creations.. love it.... always always inspiring...!!!...hugs...xoxo

Sabina said...

Fab page!!! hank you for this blog hop and prize!!

Ελένη said...

I love this page! Your work is always fabulous!

Kelly K. said...

Such a funny story!!! I love your lo and the journaling! Thanks for the rak!

giovannar said...

Beautiful page,very very beautiful!!!This blog hop is fantastic!
I became your follower,hi Giovanna

Francy said...

Gorgeous Lo, I love the mask with the color. Now I'm your follower.
Francy

Rita said...

beautiful LO.... I'm a new follower... thanks!

Rita said...

lisa... sorry... but like Helena Virpi I can't leave a comment on Heather blog... and I can't leave a follower...
It's not workig the bottons to confirm!
help me... thanks :)

Denise said...

No time for theblog hop but I wanted to say hello and I absolutely love htis story about Hollie!!

crazycanca said...

love misting and stamping! I'm a follower

Yara said...

Gorgeous! Love the misting and the journaling! I am a follower!

~jan said...

Fantastic layout! The layers of mist are just gorgeous along with the pops of black! Happy to be following you!

Ciacchina said...

wow! bellissimo LO!

curlyqmosaics said...

WOW! I love this! The misting, the bird, the butterfly, the stamping! Fabulous!

Janet Z said...

Love the masking and misting!

susy said...

I am a new follower, a beautiful page.I participate willingly to blog hop. I do not have a blog susy, gioeleandrea@alice.it

BlessedinTexas said...

Love this and now I am off to become on your followers too. So happy I found this today through another blog and love how small our world becomes with technology. Thanks for hosting and offering a great RAK, I love journaling too!!!! xoxoxo

Lisa W said...

Great layout, I love the misting effects. I'm also a new follower.

Freya said...

Great page!! New follower!! :)

Mitralee said...

Love the story and everyday moment that was captured!

Elisabetta e Noemi said...

Your style is so free...and how can you write so much?

Anne said...

Fancy seeing you here !! This picture is so cute, how she has grown, it is scary !!

Sherri said...

the journaling and misting are great.

SaraDafne said...

very nice layout! i love you work!
S.

karenw said...

Always gorgeous Lisa - love the misting too yummy. xx

Sarah said...

love your take on the sketch! I so love the misting!

Lillian Child said...

I adore your layout. Great creative style.

I am now a follower of your blog - so very nice to meet you!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com