Monday 14 February 2011

Pleasure

It's been a nice and peaceful weekend and the rain has finally stopped and the sun is shining today. So much so that I've had to pull the blind down in here.
Feels really sinful to do that, but I can't see my pc screen otherwise.



I've had a LO in the making all weekend.
I haven't had much time to scrap so a few minutes grabbed here and there, this has been made.
I used the colorcombo from The Color Room.
I love this challenge site and haven't joined in for such a long time.
(click on photo to enlarge)



We've been thinking about Florida lots this week. This time last year we were there.
Happy memories, very happy memories. We all long to go back.
I scrapped these photos when we popped by to Disneys Pleasure Island. Lots of fun shops and reasturants. Nice just for a wander. Louis loved the big lego store, we spent a small fortune in the Disney store and the kids played with the largest amount of Mr Potato Heads I've ever seen.



One thing I find when I use a colour combo as inspiration, I often tend to raid my older papers. I pick a selection of papers and embellishments with mists and sprays, line them up on my desk and just create with what's infront of me. This way of scrapping seems to really suit me.
I used up some old Prima and Making Memories 'Noteworthy' here.
Also thrown in...pink netting, mists, acrylic paints and some stitching.



I hope you had a lovely weekend and feel fit and ready for this new week ahead.
Thanks for stopping by xxx

9 comments:

Sue said...

gorgeous LO - we also LOVE DDT fab and we are now counting down 8 weeks................

Anne said...

Hi Lisa, what a lovely day. Should go for a run but instead have got to get Harry's coat that he forgot somewhere yesterday !!
I love your page and all the colours. Really nice.
XXXX

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Lisa! I love love love love the design, the circles and loving the misting!! You always rock that! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

NickyNoo said...

Sounds like you're pining to go back! Gorgeous page, I don't think I would ever have used purple and pink together like that but actually it works really well xx

curlyqmosaics said...

Fabulous layout! Love the stitching, the big dots and the fantastic distressing!

Anonymous said...

Wow..awesome page! Love that paint and messiness!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Gorgeous colour combo and you did a gorgeous lo with it.

Lynnda said...

Hey Lisa...this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the colors, the circles and loving the misting!! You always rock the paints and mist... love it... Happy V-day... hugs..xoxo

Lydell Quin said...

This is amazing Lisa. totally gorgeous! (and I did notice you have been 'away'.....it was lovely to see your work on the photo wall again!!!)