Thursday 7 April 2011

Busy Bees

Busy, Busy,
That's what this week is.

To start this post off I have my page I made this week for Sketchy Thursdays.
A few photos of Louis having fun at the Zoo a couple of months ago. It's very interactive and he loves all these bits.





I've used mostly the paper collection from Fancy Pants 'Beach Bum'. I love the bunting which you can cut from the paper strips.



And here is the sketch if you want to join in this week. There's a really good prize again this week.



Now on to my Busy Bees. I mentioned this week that the kids had to dress as bees for school. They were taking part in attempting to break the guiness world record of the amount of people dressed as bees in one place.



The standing record was 1902 and they managed just over 2400. That was the nursery school, Infants, Juniors and Secondry school.
I took some time out to go and watch and I actually managed to see both Hollie and Louis which I was really pleased about. It was such a fun atmosphere.







And the Honey Monster made a guest appearence too.
This was all in aid of protecting the bee as apparently they are dying out.



I have a parent/teacher meeting at Hollie's school now, so better dash xxx

10 comments:

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Love all the bees, how fab are they!! Expect to see a scrapbook page soon.

Mia had to go as an alien today and I completely forgot to take pictures, managed to get a snap on my phone at school, so doubt it's any good.

Emma said...

Love that lo, like the string on it! Those bees look great!

Sue said...

wow now there is a LO in the making - bet it has a clever title too xx

Love the Louis Lo the colours are great off to investigate the whole range now

Mel said...

Love the string on the bunting - makes the page really stand out. Loving the bee costumes too - they are great scrapping pics!

Lynnda said...

Love the LO... especially the banner and the title too

Woohooo... I'm sure more LOs in the making... with tons of cutest bees...

Lovely photos ... tfs Lisa... Hugs...xoxo

Unknown said...

I LOVE the misting and painting and dual colored stars! WOW! The bee record is WAY cool. I have heard that they are dying as well and that it impacts more than you would imagine.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love your lo....loving that banner!! And I love love love love love love those photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

heidi said...

Your color combos always surprise and amaze me...and INSPIRE me to no end!

What fun at the school!!!! That's so awesome how much participation they had.

yyam said...

Love the zoo layout! The banner makes it so fun! And as always, a stunning and wonderfully textured background!

The kids look so cute in their bee getup! It must have been quite an eye-opener to see so many "bees" in one place! ;)

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

How fun is that for your kiddos to take part in breaking a Guiness record! The photos are too cute. Love your ST layout too! :)