Saturday 26 January 2013

The Green Umbrella Mini Book

A Happy Weekend to You!!
I hope you are having a good one.

Following on from the SCRAP365 Bloghop this week I thought it would be fun to share something that I made for the magazine quite some time ago. This was back in 2011 infact.
I made a special mini book for my sweet sister, Sarah-Jane.
I love that girl to bits!
I managed to get my hands on an old copy of her favourite childhood book 'The Green Umbrella'.
I gesso'd the pages, misted and added bits and pieces, some photos, some notes and quotes and then I had a very special little book to give to her.






Here are just a few pages.
Us, then and now. (I'm the older one by 5yrs).















I'm so glad we are so close. She really is my best friend.
I love this little book.

Have you got the latest issue of SCRAP365 yet?
It's the new bi monthly larger version. I hope you like it : )
There's some beautiful features in there.

My hubby is running me a bubblebath, so I'm off now.
It's Louis' 11th birthday and it's been a busy one. I'm going for a soak whilst her plays on the ps3 for 30mins.

Thanks for stopping by xxx



9 comments:

Dolly B said...

What a special book, just beautiful, I bet your sister treasures it

Mary

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What an awesome book for your Sis Lisa!! I loveeeeeeee it!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos and loveeeeee the floral trim and heart on the cover! And happy birthday to Louis!!

Chris said...

That's the most beautiful little book I've ever seen Lisa and I bet your Sis treasures it. I can't think of a lovlier gift for your best friend, I really love it. Hugs, Chris x

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful and what a fab idea! So inspiring! I'd love to do something like this for my sister....best put my thinking cap on!x

Bananastamper said...

Wow, what a fantastic project! So very thoughtful and fun!

yyam said...

Oh my! This is so sweet! Love that you've left the coloured pages as they are. Such a pretty book...:)

LisaDV said...

Lisa, that is so gorgeous!!!! I love that you left the bunny colored pages in. And the altering of the others are just spectacular!

Frøken Strøken said...

Beautiful book, Lisa :)

Sherry C said...

This is so beautiful, Lisa! It brings tears to my eyes - so sweet!