Tuesday 23 January 2018

Getting Creative & Doodly with Stamps

Hello!!
I hope your year has gotten of to a great start.

I wanted to share with you a 12x12 scrapbooking page that I created with this month's Cocoa Daisy kit.


As the title of this blog post says. I got all 'creative and doodly' with one of the stamps from this month's kit.
Sometimes you love a stamp, but then an idea strikes you. This is what happened to me this month.

 
The stamp was this sweet cloud with rain coming down ending with heart shaped droplets coming off. CUTE!! Well it was cute until I got my scissors to it and cut it in half **insert evil wicked stepmother laugh**. I saw the cloud and instantly wanted to use it as a border, so this meant cutting off the rain part.
 
 
I prepared my area that I wanted to stamp the border around.
 
 
And once the paint was dry, I stamped over and over creating that border that you can see. It wasn't quite as bold as I would have liked, so I went over with a black pen, repeating it a couple of times to give it that doodled look which I'm a big fan of.
I wrote in the 'US' bit and used the 'I Love...' stamp from the same set. Again going over with pen.
 
 
 
And I continued all the way around. The 'Documented' is also from the stamp set.
 
 
I'm really pleased with how this came out. I do love to doodle!!
And don't feel sad for the stamp, it can always be pieced together again on my acrylic stamp block if ever I feel the need to use it as it was intended.
Sometimes it's fun though to take something and do you own thing as I did here.
 
I hope you enjoyed these tips.
 
 
 
Have a doodilicious day.
love
 
Lisa xx   

 
 
 

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING all the hearts and the wood grain!!!!!!!!!!!!!