Tuesday 20 July 2010

Cocoa Daisy Show and Tell

Hello.

I hope you are having a good start to the week.
We are on count down in this house. We finally break up from school on Friday at 1.15pm. Yipppeeee. It feels like it's been a very long term and both the kids and myself are in need of this break now.

As I was the Cocoa Daisy Queen of the Crop winner, I was lucky enough to win the July kit and design along with the DT.
Here's the Kit:



It's so summery.
Here's some of the bits I made using it:



I used this sheet of Hambly and cut out the doilee shape, distressed the edges and using my big bite punched holes in the centre keeping in with the doilee look.
I used the alphas that came with the kit and roughly drew around them a few times, moving the letter very slightly each time to get that effect.



The layered flowers and words are 'K & Co Handmade Die-cut Cardstock Embellishments' that were part of an addon. I've brushed some white paint lightly over them.

These photos were from a family holiday back in 2004 in Lanzarote. We went with another family. My friend and I took a day out on our own and had the best laugh ever. This was us during our camel ride in the volcanic national park.



I also scrapped some of my fave photos from the recent Green Day convert we went to. I still can't believe how close we were : )
I love this 12x12 sheet. It has a real linen feel with a stitched border all the way around which I painted over.



And lastly a little card that I knocked up.



That's it for the crafty makings today. I still have a few more bits that I made from this kit and will show tomorrow.
If you really like the look of this kit you can buy one here. Cocoa Daisy.
You don't have to subscribe, one offs are available. Although I've been subscribing for coming up to 2 years now I think and have never been disappointed : )

I now need to announce the winner from my giveaway last week.
Thank you for all your comments. It was really fun reading through.
I got Hollie to select a number between 1 - 30 to find our winner.
And the winner is Yyam : )
Yyam, please can you email me your address and I'll send the goodies over to you in sunny Singapore.
lisa@funkyfairies.co.uk

Have a good day xxx

9 comments:

airing cupboard crafts said...

love the LOs and card I really like how you have done the title in the first one x

Kelly Massman said...

Love the layout on the top! So pretty! And, then, from the same kit--you've made a fun layout and a beautiful card!
Congrats on your win!

Irini said...

Fabulous layouts as usual!!

Emma said...

beautiful Lo's Lisa, love the freehand tearing in the first one. This has been a long term, Jessica is in desperate need for a break from the grind, she is most fed up!

Jennifer Grace said...

Gorgeous creations, I love the way you drew around the alphas for the title on the first one, I'm gonna have to try that. Well done for getting so much from that kit - all those bold colours would scare me a bit I think! x

iza said...

hi lisa,
thnx for dropping by at my blog n for those lovely words.love ur los n what u did with the background.

yyam said...

These look fantastic Lisa! You're really a whiz with the paint! It always adds that extra something to your creations! Fabulous job with the kit!:)

Did I spy my name? Yay! :)

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Awesome pages! I love all the circles you have going on. Nice touch with the traced lettering, it turned out super cool :)

Nickynoo said...

Such loverly-ness! And I had the pleasure of watching you make a couple of these :o) xx