Tuesday 1 December 2009

December 1st

December the 1st is here. How did that happen? Where has this year gone????
We woke to lots of frost this morning. Lots of crunchy white frost which had the kids very excited. Picking up leaves and skating on the paths into school.

December the 1st also means a new challenge at The Studio this morning.
This challenge goes like this:

  1. Your layout should be based on the theme of childhood – it can be your own or someone elses.
  2. Use a frame of some kind in the design of your layout
  3. Use layers – can be paper, ribbon, whatever you like, but layer it up!


Ade bought some boxes of old snap shots down from the attic last week. It’s been lovely going through them all and revisiting some old memories. I love this photo of Louis, it’s by no means a perfect photo but it instantly made me remember how he felt once bathed and ready for bed. That baby smell, they way he felt so clean, soft and cuddly and just the feel of the Gap Baby gro is something I will never forget. All this came back from just this one photo.
I’ve framed the photo itself using acrylic paint and then added another frame by adding the circle around my baby to really draw attention to him and used this to then journal on.
The layering is one of my favourite technics and something I tend to do all the time. I love layers. I love the extra dimension they add, the texture and the interest it adds too. I’ve cut up patterned papers, added stickers, a journal tag, tickets, a paper frill and primas. Lots and lots of layers.

This photo of Hollie about 18mth was also in that box that Ade found. I scrapped it at Sue's using my new SL KIT.
I glimmer misted some scraps of muslin and stitched around the edges.

She was such a sweetie and a very easy toddler. I was very lucky.

My December journal was started at the weekend. It now needs a cover and binding. I'm looking forward to starting that : )
xx

9 comments:

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Those are gorgeous LOs. Luv what you've done with the muslin strips.

Diana Fisher said...

Amazing pages!!! Just love them!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

oh yes, love the smell of baby clothes. I miss baby's bottoms in baby gros!! Love how you've used your SL kit, gorgeous

Sue said...

even nicer IRL I think I HAVE to insist that I see ALL you stunning work IRL

xxxx

MY BLOG

Laura said...

Beautiful pages Lisa. Both stunners! xx

Emma said...

love the pages. you've done a good job with that SL kit, I've still to use anything from it!

Nickynoo said...

Ditto what Sue said!! xxx

Sam said...

Great LOs and such cute pics. x

Bianca Ribeiro said...

Hi Lisa!!!!
I love your layouts and the blog too!!