Thursday 22 September 2011

Something to Share

I do, today I have something to share.
First off is our lovely new sketch from Sketchy Thursdays.
I love this weeks and will be using it over and over.
I created this using some Crate loveliness.
(click to enlarge)


I feel so happy to have been asked to stay on at Sketchy Thursdays again.
I love this family so much. I think I must be into my second year with them now.
Their sketches never disappoint and Heidi and Diana are two of the sweetest girls ever.
Thank you for having me again.
You can join in this week here. We are sponsored this week by 'Your Memories here'.
Who have donated some Tim Holtz limited addition Distress Inks.
The new Sketchy Thursdays Team was announced yesterday. Congratulations to our new girls. Looking forward to playing along side you x Really pleased to see The Green Horned Unicorn lady joining us again : ) I just love Antonia's blog. Her style is so different to mine. Really clean. But I'm so drawn in and find her so inspirational. They say opposites attract eh?!!


So, back to my LO. I've sidetracked.
I have these cute photos of Hollie and our neice Millie taken last month. We all went strawberry picking whilst Dad was over. Hollie and Millie were sitting in the field, all alone and Hollie fed Millie strawberries. (Much to Louis' disapprovable as they were obvioulsy stolen) It is normal to test a few when you PYO though isn't it?!! Louis really struggles with this.

My photos were too green for the green Crate background, so I plastered on some moulding paste and splodged some Yellow Ranger Acrylic Paint in with it too for contrast. Once dry I misted over a Maya Road wooden heart to get that look above.
Punched some daisies from cardstock that was in the bin and added some teeny Fancy Pants buttons.
I recently found my uberlong stapler (so chuffed) so can now staple wherever I want again.


Now I do also have something rather exciting and rather big to share.
But I have to keep that to myself until after 6pm. So pop back then : ) (if you want to that is!!)
And in the meantime I shall work a little, have another latte, start a CD LO, finish a project I've started, collect kids from school and look after a friends two aswell.
I kind of wanted to bake a pear upside down cake for after school, but I think that's pushing it a little too far seeing as I have to go to school in 1hr30.

Back later xxx

9 comments:

Lea said...

Love this layout, such sweet pictures and I love how that heart turned out. I'm looking forward to hearing your news! Oh and congrats on ST!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhh bless!! I don't know what time your 6 is to me!! I will have to check in after work! :):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the big circle and of course... all the yummy paint! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

ooh, I'm out till 7, shall check as soon as I get back in!

Lovely LO (I do like a bit of Crate paper) and sweet photos.

Tell Louis that it's a rule of strawberry picking that you have to try the strawberries first!

Brit Sviggum said...

What a gorgeous layout!!!! Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

i LOOOOVE sketches, and love your layout too

Hannah said...

Beautiful LO Lisa, love the colours and paint :) That sketch is brilliant, really hope I get time to join in :) So glad you're still on the sketchy DT, I love seeing your inspiration each time :)

Marelle said...

Congrats Lisa great news I am now a follower love love your work

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome layout Lisa, love your DP choice and fun elements added to this page!!!!
Hey, let me know if the tutorial helps (I realized I forgot to show how to do the fabric part after I posted)

Diana Fisher said...

I love that you want to stay with us term after term! I just luv ya! :) And i believe in that opposites thing. Every time I use mists or paints, I am so apprehensive and clunky at it, but I channel your stunning style and say to myself, "Find the Lisa in you! You can do it!" LOL! :) It's so true though.