Friday 26 July 2013

An ickle bit FIERCE

Hello.

I've had this one sat on my desk all week waiting to be finished.
I grabbed a few minutes and did the journaling this morning so now I can finally share.
The inspiration came from the OLW challenge blog.
This months word is 'FIERCE'.


Can you tell how much fun I had with this?
I opened up a lovely new set of inktense pencils for this LO.
I used a dinner plate to draw around with the pencils and them went over with a thin paint brush and water.
The title is hand drawn and cut out.
The bits and pieces are 'MME' Take Note card & Pins, Jillibean butterfly and Studio Calico wooden chevrons. The journal lines are all hand stitched.
You can visit OLW here.

 
How's the summer going?
We finally broke up from school on Tuesday.
Louis got the Gold Book Award.
Each class has one award per term. As the classes are kept together throughout Junior School this means that out of about 35, they get 12 chances to get this award.
We are so proud of him.

 
 
Hollie also got the award when she was at this school : )
 
Talking of Hollie, we had some blue flashes put through her hair on Wednesday.
 
 
She is getting older and more grown up.
She had friends sleep over Wednesday night and they took the train in to Reading yesterday to go shopping.
They woke up yesterday morning to freshly baked strawberry muffins.
I love them being home.
 
 
I hope you are enjoying your summer.
Lots of love xxx
 
 


8 comments:

Carin McDonough said...

Gorgeous layout, I love those circles. You sound a lot like me although I am not always as strict as I should be but I am most of the time ;) Well done to your son for his award and strawberry muffins sound yummy, I have never tried one :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your lo is GORGEOUS!!! I love love love all those circles!!! And CONGRATS to the kids!!!!

Alison said...

I have some of those pencils, but never thought to use them quite like that ... great idea and super layout! Isn't it great when your kids are evenly matched with awards?

ForgedinPaper said...

What a great idea. Love the LO.

Denise said...

Wow Lisa I really love this layout. I wish we lived closer, we could be fierce mommas together!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

What a great layout! Love your circles. Thanks for participating in OLW!

Lynn said...

Love what you came up with!