Wednesday 8 October 2008

An Autumn Day in Oxford

A couple of weeks ago, Ade and I had a wonderful day wandering in Oxford. This is my hometown, but it's very rare that I come here now. It's easy to forget what a beautiful city this is, especially on such a beautiful autumn day.
I took part in a challenge that I've recently found:
http://www.colorstorychallenge.com/
There is a sketch to follow and some colours too:

http://kimhurst.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451952b69e201053511bef4970b-500wi


I love the way these buildings suit the colours of my page so well.
I've used some of the new Pink Paisley, some notepaper, an October Afternoon journal tag, primas, paints and a good ol' water colour pencil : ) xx

3 comments:

Lythan said...

love the doodles on this one. I think you have captured Oxford pretty well. I lived there for three years in the late '80's. Lived in Summertown. Happy days!

Nickynoo said...

Beautiful Lis, I really love the colours, and you're right, the photos go so well with them.

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Gorgeous colours and love how you've incorporated the journalling tag