Tuesday 10 April 2012

The Art of Altering

Hello : )

I've really got into altering this past year or so.
Which reminds me, I never did share the table I altered for Ade's birthday last summer.
I quite often pick up bits and pieces when I'm out and about. Things that I want to revamp.
I have a whole basket full in my studio.

One item I picked up last year was this mini set of drawers.


It stands just 7inches/17cm tall and I knew I could do something with it one day.
So when the next challenge came up at LESSology called 'chest of drawers' I knew the time had come to tart up this little baby!!
Et voila!


Hollie and I covered it in old book pages pages, mod podge followed by gesso.
I inked the egdes in a reddy pink and brushed the ink over slightly in places to soften and give it a soft girlie touch.

I then finished it off with this Studio Calico wooden heart.



It's now sitting on my desk looking very pretty.

Come and join us at LESSology.
See what my teamies came up with here.
You can play along and add your own project here. You have until 6th May.
We are sponsored this month by : http://paperandsuchonline.com/
Who have kindly donate some stamps for the lucky winner.

I hope you feel inspired : )
Happy altering.

xxx

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Lisa!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the little heart!

yyam said...

Just fabulous Lisa! Love how you used those old book pages! :)

Heather Jacob said...

wow Lisa .. OMG !!!! this is sooooooooooo gorgeous .. loveeeeeeeeeeee it so much ... big hugz to you x

Heather Jacob said...

wow Lisa .. OMG !!!! this is sooooooooooo gorgeous .. loveeeeeeeeeeee it so much ... big hugz to you x

Lynnda said...

Fabulously done Lisa... love that little heart!!! Hugs...xoxo