Thursday 19 April 2012

My Monthly Art Journal...and a new class

I am loving my art journals.
I am finding that they now really fulfill a purpose in my crafty life.
I miss crafting when I have a busy day. It shouldn't but scrapbooking tends to be at the bottom of my 'to-do' list and is often the one thing that gets missed off when I run out of time.

This is where the art journaling fits right in. Sometimes I do get 15mins before the school run, not enough to scrapbook but perfect to grab the art journal and have a play. You don't need hours, but just grabbing a few minutes here and there will work. And when you leave it to go back to your family or your chores it can be drying ready for when you have the next few spare minutes to start again.

The other thing I like about art journaling is that you don't need to have loads of materials out. A bit of paint, mists and some scraps is all you need.

I started a new journal this month and I've set myself a new monthly and 'do-able' goal.
Here's the cover.


Each month when my Cocoa Daisy kit arrives, I plan to make a double page in my journal using the kit and journal about excatly what's happening in my life right now on that day, Maybe how I'm feeling or what family plans we've had.
Then after a year I will have little snippets of my life all in the one journal.
And a very colourful journal it will be : )
Here's my first page.

If you are local to me I am holding an art journaling day on Saturday 16th June in Fleet.
It is aimed at all levels and we will be starting from the beginning of making and preparing our own journal. We will then go on to create the cover and start on your pages.
You will be shown different techniques and tips throughout the class.

All you need to bring is some adhesive, scissors and a black journal pen.
Everything else will be provided on the day.

The class runs from 11.30am -3.30pm.
Tea, coffee and cake will be provided.
Free Parking

The 4hr class costs £20.
A £10 deposit is required please.

If you would like to book or have any questions, please drop me an email:
lisa@funkyfairies.co.uk

Thank you.
xxx

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your page is beautiful! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the hexagons!!

Lynnda said...

Love this journal ...it's beautiful!! Hugs xoxo

Kim said...

the turquoise against the orange really rocks!