Monday 7 March 2011

Turning 36

Hello : )

Firstly, before I start rambling, I would just like to say a big 'thank you' to everyone who joined in with The Studio Blog Hop this weekend. It's the first blog hop that I've been involved in and I have to say, it's been really fun. So thank you to all of you who have blogged and hopped and commented and joined in : )
The blog hop finishes later today (7th March), so I'll announce the winner of my journaling RAK tomorrow and Amanda will announce the overall winner sometime this week.
If you haven't joined in yet and would like to, the details and links are all on the post below this one.

Staying with The Studio for a moment, this weeks challenge is to scrap your age.

Scrap your age! Come on, don't be shy... scrap a few things about you and what it's like to be you at age...whatever.... :)

So, as I'm turing 36 *gasp* this month, I decided to get some thoughts down on paper.



I've been joining in with the 52weeks photo challenge (taking a self portrait each week) and this was the photo I took of myself laid on my bed last week 1st March.
(click images to enlarge)



I used lots of Fancy Pants-Love Birds on this page along with some Teresa Collins.
I keep a couple of vintage handpainted saucers (that I picked up last year in a little store in Eaton, Windsor) on my desk. Any little punches and odd pretty scraps are kept in these and this is what I've pulled out and put onto this page.
The butterfly, flowers, fabric circle and heart were all in the saucer having been used as masks on previous pages.





We had an interesting weekend.
Louis' footy team won their second match, 3-0 : )
I baked Red Velvet Cupcakes, Parmesan Bread and made Baileys Truffles.
We went to friends for dinner which was fun.
They live a couple of miles away, so we walked home with Louis (poor Louis) and a little kitty followed us all the way. We kept thinking, ''she's going to stop now''. But she just kept going. We didn't talk to her or stroke or encourage and had to quickly run into the house when we got home as she came right upto the door.
The next morning she wasn't around thankfully, but yesterday afternoon she was on the back fence.
She was only a kitten and had no collar and we figured she was going to find her way home, so after feeding her we took her to the vets to see if she had been micro chipped, but she hadn't : (
So we took Mrs Spence (Louis named her) back to our friend's where she started following us and let her go.
The vet mentioned if we would keep her on, but I just had in my head that there was a family who had sad kiddies missing their kitty. My friend took a look at her before we let her go and is going to keep an eye out for her. If she see's her looking skinny in a few days, we said we'd go and collect her.
I think the kids really wanted her to stay. I was quite keen until she jumped up on my kitchen work surfaces when we bought her in to box and go to the vets.

So that was our weekend in a nutshell.

I'll be back tomorrow with the announcement of the RAK winner.
Thanks for stopping by xx

10 comments:

Anne said...

Your page made me laugh, especially the "oh lalala " bit !!.

You are so young, it is about time you grew old !!You have got some catching up to do !!

Emma said...

If your in the market for a cat, you can blummin have ours, sat on oven hob last week, how that can be comfortable I don't know! (certainly wasn't when I lit it!) JOKE!!!

Love your layout, loving that lettering again and the paint splodges.

Lea said...

Very cool LO! Love the paint splatter, the banner, and the punched butterfly. Oh and the journaling is great! (and so neat!!!)

Heather Jacob said...

gorgeous Lisa , you are not old you know ... I am 62 and I dont feel old at all... in fact age is a state of mind ..... you look so pretty and young and I bet you are full of life .... a beautiful soul I feel... your page is awesome love the splatters and misting ... a great style ....hugz x

yyam said...

You are as young as you feel! I'm 17! lol:)I have a birthday this month too! :)

Love your layout! The soft colors are just so pretty! :)

Lynnda said...

Hey Lisa...this layout is beautiful as always... and guess what... same age.... i will be 36 on Thursday(10/03)... take it easy my dear friend... hugs..xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! That lo is GORGEOUS Lisa! I love love love that photo of you and loveeeeeeeeeeee the misting!! And hopefully kitty finds his way home! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sarah said...

I really like your LO! I sooo like the idea of scrapping your age! It's a great way to actually find a reason to scrap about yourself for a change! I'm going to go do mine right now! Beautiful LO!!

NickyNoo said...

Wow, I love this page Lis! Turn that 6 upside down and you'll have my age, LOL (well nearly). Love all the elements, the paint splatters, the banner, the journaling, all of it xx

Annemieke said...

I love your LO!!! the colours are sooo pretty!!!