Saturday 9 July 2011

Beach Babe

When asked to work with the Fancy Pants Beach Babe collection recently I went straight for our Easter Charmouth photos.
They aren't the sunniest pics but they have such happy memories attached to them.
I adore this whole paper collection. It's fun and fresh and I love all the bits and pieces that go with it.

I have to admit that I did struggle though. Not with the papers but the fact that I have enjoyed designing with the range so much and I don't have too much left. Not even 1 whole piece of 12x12. That must be a good sign eh?
So I had to get creative with how I made my page.

I've bulit up a block of the journal embellishments and added some brads, pom pom trimming, rub ons and chipboard.

The story of the page is about the little sock bunnies the kids made. We made them the night before in the holiday home. They loved making them so much they were still sewing at 10pm.
They were so proud of what they had made.
You can view my fellow DT'ers pages using the same collection on Fancy Pants here.


Today my baby girl is 12.
We've just come back from a shopping trip which involved starting with coffee and cake and ended up with a Gourmet Burger Meal.
I'm truely stuffed and shopped out now.
My belly is full and my feet ache.
Hollie has gone for a lie down and we all plan to sit round and watch a new dvd in a while. Adam Sandler in 'Grown Ups'. Should be funny.

Talking of funny, I went with some of the girls to watch 'Bridesmaids' last night. Such a laugh. A real scream out and laugh film. I recommend.

Off to unpack the shopping now.
Have a super weekend lovely scrappers xxxxx

5 comments:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Happy Birthday to Hollie! I hope it's a wonderful day.

Beautiful layout! I especially adore the painted border. And, those sock bunnies are pretty darn cute! :)

Mitralee said...

Page didn't look like a struggle at all! Love it! And the little moments with kids are so much fun too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love the colors and the pompoms!! And Happy Birthday to your baby! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynnda said...

Beautiful layout Lisa... I love the paint the colors and the pompoms...Happy Birthday Hollie... Hugs...xoxo

Lea said...

First of all, I love the new blog look! Very innovative way to use some of the Beach Babe line and I love the border!!!