Monday 18 July 2011

Food Glorious Food

I am a self confessed 'foodie'.
(and proud of it)

I read recipe books from cover to cover like novels, I watch food network on tv, I prefer to buy new pretty bake ware over new clothes, I buy the 'delicious' magazine not gossip mags. I bake 2-3 times a week. I enjoy putting together a weekly menu every Sunday, sat with my cook books for inspiration and I cook from scratch every night.

So this week at Cocoa Daisy, I've set a food challenge for our #4 weekly summer challenge.

If you would like to join in, simply scrap any food related page.
Here are a couple of my favourites.



Using Fancy Pants 'To the Moon' collection.

And this one using Fancy Pants 'Beach Babe' collection.



Read here for more details on joining in.

I've struggled abit with this cold.
It's just been such a busy time that I haven't been able to slow down.
So as usual, I ended up loosing my voice.
It went Friday night.
We'd had a busy day at legoland with Louis. I came home and felt terrible. I laid on the sofa before getting him ready for sleepover #2 and had to also get ready as Hollie was having a friend over for a sleepover and we were taking them to 'Hype', a local disco for the 11yrs+.
The plan was that Ade and I were to have a date night, we'd booked a table at Pizza Express.
But I lay on the sofa and just wanted to sleep.
Louis asked if I was going to die. Apparently I looked like they do in films when they are about to die.
Then he asked me, if I cancelled my date with Ade, would he dump me???
Can you imagine that???
Made me laugh though.

So with all that my voice gave in and I'm still waiting for it to reappear.

Not sure if the long walk in the rain helped yesterday.
I just needed some fresh air though. So 10am we decided to get dressed and wander over to the common near us. Just as we got outside it started raining. We grabbed raincoats and went anyway, but the rain never stopped.
It was fun though, despite Louis not being quiet for 2 seconds. He chatted, and sung songs he made up the whole time and then chatted some more. It was non stop. Very tiring!

Here's some snaps of the walk.





These yellow plants are everywhere and covered in these stripey caterpillars.



Hope you had a good weekend : )
Thanks for visiting today xxx

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You KNOW I loveeeeeeeeeeee your 'love to bake' lo!! And the other is FABULOUS too!!! Sorry you aren't feeling well... get better soon and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mitralee said...

I want to play with your foodie challenge! Looks like fun! Never saw stripey caterpillers like that before! Wonder what they turn into!

Lea said...

Well you look great in the picture, no where near death! And I love the picture of the caterpillars! Hope you're feeling better soon. Love the layouts. Well I share part of your obsession. I LOVE to bake, but I don't like to cook meals. Hate it in fact. But if involves the oven and sugar I'm in bliss!!!

Mel said...

The Louisisms crack me up. Imagine asking if your going to die!!? I may have to get on board with the food scrapping as all I have been doing lately is baking and cooking, not scrapping!

Anne said...

I love your pages and even more your addiction to baking ( I love to eat you see !!). We would love to come for a play one day soon but will give you a call. Hope you feel better. XXX

Denise said...

those caterpillars are so cool Lisa. Fantastic layouts. Hope you are feeling better and I loved your beach layout. I feel more alive/happy/calm at the beach than any other place on earth. sigh.....montana is far from the beach.

karenw said...

I wish I loved to cook - gorgeous LO's and very cool striped caterpillars. Get well soon, seriously hope you don't get dumped, that would put a bit of a dampner on summer...

Kim said...

oooo more fabuolous misting and paint work...stunning photos Lisa!

Sue said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your painting and misting - the LO's are fab

So will Ade dump you then I am also curious PMSL :)

Hope you feel much better I am not sure a caterpillar walk would have helped me though!

Carin McDonough said...

Hee, hee, I love recipe books and programmes and am always saving recipes out of magazines but I actually hate cooking, I just like to eat it all! :) I just adore that first layout, stunning! Those caterpillars are sooo cool! I hope you feel better and get your voice back soon :)

Anonymous said...

I love the paint and the starburst on that first layout! Gorgeous work as usual!
Those caterpillars are sort of creeping me out.

Angi Barrs said...

I love to bake too. Your pages are gorgeous. :)