Monday 6 August 2012

Fabric Mini Book & a Papermaze Blog Hop

Hello : )

Welcome to my blog if you are coming via the Papermaze's Summer Blog Hop.
You should have come from Karen's blog.

My summer project is this Fabric Summer Mini Book.


I'm really pleased how this has come out.
I bought the actual fabric book years ago but never touched it. So I've finally done something with it using more fabric, felt and lace making lots of pockets to hold the photos of our summer 2012.


I've decorated throughout the book using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists, Dylusions Mists and Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze too.


All the patterned paper that I've used is from My Minds Eye, Lost and Found Two. It's from the 6x6 pads which were perfect for this project.



The pages have been left blank as we have lots of activities and plans coming up such as my Dad coming from the States in less than 2 weeks : )


I've tried to make the book as colourful as possible.
It's a great way to use up odds and ends and left over embellishments and alpha stickers.


And I've made sure that there is plenty of space for my story telling on each page.



At the back of the book the felt makes another pocket.


Have you made a summer 2012 mini book?
Do you plan to make one?

Now back to the Blog Hop.
Here is a list of all the places you should have hopped from and to:

Papermaze blog - http://scrappaperscissors.blogspot.co.uk/

Amanda - http://blog.amandajonesdesigns.com/

Wendy - http://wendymckee.blogspot.co.uk/

Carol - http://www.kraftypieces.blogspot.co.uk/

Karen - http://apapergallery.blogspot.co.uk/

Lisa - http://scrappyfairies.blogspot.co.uk/

Lou - http://prettypaperandchipboard.blogspot.co.uk/

Anna - http://mycreations-anna.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to Papermaze again - http://scrappaperscissors.blogspot.co.uk/

To play along:
-The blog hop will run from Monday 6th to Friday 10th the winner will be posted over the weekend.

· -People have to comment on every bodies blog including Papermazes to be entered into the drawing.

ThThe winner will receive this lovely scrapbooking kit from Papermaze.


The kits are available every month for only £10

If you are continuing on with the blog hop then Lou is next in line:

Lou - http://prettypaperandchipboard.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for stopping by today and good luck with the hop.
xxx

29 comments:

Lilith Eeckels said...

WOW love this!

Jane said...

what a gorgeous little book and great idea.

Sheryl said...

Such a clever project, I'm not sure I could pull off something like that.

Penny said...

Just lovely I am still waiting for a summer that lasts long enough to fill a mini book.

Lea Lacoste said...

it's awesome what you did with your album, i'm also working on a summer mini!!

anja curvers said...

Wow this is amazing love it.

TeenaBugg38 said...

VERY cute!!! We haven't had our last hurrah of summer yet but I will be making a mini this year :)

House of Bears said...

What an inspired idea, now I feel the need to buy fabric :)

Sadie green said...

Love your use of fabric very inspirational :) I always stick to paper.

kjjc said...

fabulous min album

Lynnda said...

You are full of awesome and great ideas!!! I love this mini fabric book... chock full of goodness... You rock Lisa... as always.... hugs..xoxo

Unknown said...

this book is SO fun! Are the pages made of material then?? I am adoring your use of glimmer mists, it turned out really nice. <3

Unknown said...

I have never used fabric in any of my scrapbooking projects...but I see that I really should try it!

Olivia said...

Wow! This is fantastic Lisa. Love that it is made of fabric. I'm using a Smash journal this summer but would love to do something like this in the future. Thanks for the inspiration xx

Sara said...

I love, love, love this project! So inspiering and beautiful!

Sue Jones said...

Beautiful !!

hotpotato said...

this book is gorgeous.

Natalie Jane said...

Love this!! I don't usually make mini books....but I think I will for summer photos!! N x

Karen said...

great mixed media book - love it

lizzylou said...

great to see something different i loved your book and im definately going to give this one a go thanks x

Kim said...

you know I always love your work LIsa!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Lisa!!! I loveeeeeeeee the raindrops and the clouds on the cover!!!

Anne said...

Very beautiful. Love it !

Helen said...

a great minibook, hope you enjoy filling it and how great to have your dad over from the states. I have done a summer album with the ditto range.

Karen leonard said...

Fabulous project lisa, such a great idea and like you said brilliant for using up scraps!
Karen x

Scrapping4fun said...

absolutely fab album

wendyp said...

What a beautiful project - love it x

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

I love the way you use texture. I feel like I have rubbed my hands on your book just by looking at pictures. The kit your giving away looks like it would be a lot of fun too!

Denise said...

This is so very lovely. :)