Friday 31 August 2012

Green Day 2012 - My Teenage Crush

Oh how I love this man.
I admit that I have the biggest teenage crush on Billie Joe Armstrong.
Just look at him : )
The epitome of cool.
Ade's words, not mine. I have a husband that understand me : )



We were so lucky to get tickets on Monday last week to get to see Green Day at this very intimate gig at the Shepherds Bush Empire in London for just 2000 fans.
We were also very lucky that we got there early and got great seats. (not that we stood. Lots of dancing, screaming, jumping, singing and head banging that night)
I like the idea of the mosh pit, but at 4ft 10 I would never survive. The amount of big grown men being pulled out, some injured. Not good.


They were totally awesome for 2 hours in the beautiful old London Theatre.
I feel so lucky that we've seen them in this way after seeing them along with 65'000 at the Milton Keynes Bowl in 2005, thousands and thousands again at the London o2 in 2009 and them with about 80'000 at Wembley in 2010. (although we were right at the front. See that post here.)



**sigh**

and more sighs

And lots of their silly antics.


28th Sept tickets go on sale for London again : )
Each just gets better and better.

5 comments:

Emily Pitts said...

really amazing pictures. like really.

Emily Pitts said...

you could even call them awesome ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am UBER jealous!!!! I sooooooo love love love GREEN DAY!!!!!

Denise said...

yeah.
this makes me a bit giddy.
so glad you had fun.

Lynnda said...

I love Green day too... Great photos !!!! hugs...xoxo