Wednesday 18 May 2011

Just a bit Fancy

Hiya!!

Today I am going crazy for Fancy Pants Designs.
I still sit and stroke the beautiful box I received after CHA. The novelty still hasn't worn off.

This month I was asked to design with their Chipboard Banners and this is how I used them:

(click on photos to enlarge)



I decided to document how we as a family watched the recent Royal Wedding at home on the TV eating cream cakes and drinking bucks fizz. (the kids felt terribly grown being able to have their own glass each).

I sanded and distressed the edges of the chipboard banners as well as the stars that came in the same pack. This worked really well as some of the stars were yellow, so by sanding I was able to remove the colour.
I then stitched along to create the banner string.




I also used the matching alphas on which I added glossy accents so they stood out better, some of the matching papers and Fancy Pants doilees too.
You can see my page on the Fancy Pants Blog here.

Next up is my 'Studio' page for this week.
The challenge this week is to add lots of dimention to the page.
I used the 'Beach Babe' collection. From Fancy Pants again.
I heavily embellished the page with the chipboard pieces.



I love the vibrants colours from this collection. Just so fun to work with.
The ribbon and brads are also from 'Beach Babe'.



I've carried on with the same ribbon, papers, chipboard and flowers.
The place we stay in Florida is called 'Bahama Bay' so this chipboard title fitted perfectly. I needed to cut the palm tree trunk though so it would fit in neatly.
I love these photos of Hollie at the resort. The kids are so happy here.



I think I have spent far too long at my desk today. My left elbow really hurts.
Abit of a quieter day here today after 2 very busy ones. Nothing planned after school : ) And the goulash went in the crockpot at 8.30am, so I don't even have dinner to sort now tonight.
I may just have some scrappy time later.
Enjoy your day xxx

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh these are GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeee that banner in the first one...and so cool that you documented the wedding!! and loveeeeeeee all that pink in the second one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kat said...

wow!! these are 2 beautfiul layouts!!!

Sue said...

LOVE these Lis especially the fab bright and funky beach babe one

curlyqmosaics said...

Fantastic layouts! I love how you chose to commemorate the "royal" wedding! So fun!

Heather Jacob said...

OMG LISA !!!!!!!! these are magical
exquiste work ... lovin' all your details and that fancy pants page !!!!!!!!! wow cant find the words to express just how much I LOVE IT !!!!!!!! OUTSTANDING !!!!! HUGZ X

Lynnda said...

BEautiful layouts lisa... I really love the 1st LO... the colors really POPS....TFS... hugs..xoxo

yyam said...

These are awesome Lisa! That first one is just brilliant! Love the pops of red and blue on white! Really eye-catching! And the second layout is just soooooo pretty! :)

yyam said...

These are awesome Lisa! That first one is just brilliant! Love the pops of red and blue on white! Really eye-catching! And the second layout is just soooooo pretty! :)

Kim said...

HOW COOL is that first layout, I love the grungy feel to it and that second one just screams Summer, fabulous design as well!

Hannah said...

Gorgeous layouts. Love the paint and distressed banner in the first, plus the stitching under the journalling looks great. The second layout is so fun and bright, love all of the layers :)