Friday 20 May 2011

Me, Myself and I

Wow, how did Friday come around so quick again????
Did someone hit the fast forward button??

I have one last page to show from my Cocoa Daisy crop last weekend. I saved my favourite 'til last.
Denise had the wicked idea to stain ribbons etc in coffee, let dry and use.
You can see the challenge here.

And here's what I made.
(click on pic)



Here are the bits that I had soaking in coffee.



I just love this technique and the room ends up smelling so good too.
I also used the coffee cup stamp that I designed for Cocoa Daisy.
The other part of this challenge was to scrap about the person you love having coffee with the most.
That for me was actually 'me'.
Right at that moment when I was creating this I was being driven crazy by family and I just wanted a couple of hours to myself. You know that feeling???



If you haven't seen Denise's work before, go see here. She's one of my favourite Artist's. So so talented this lady.



And here are some of the Red Velvet Cupcakes that I baked yesterday. They are so scrummy. And my new cake stand that I found yesterday : )



3 hours left to work now and I need to make my Mum a canvas and a birthday card.
I need to hit that rewind button. I need more hours.

xxx

14 comments:

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Love your take on denise's challenge. I love my own company too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love all the coffee staining and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that stamp you designed!! AWESOME!!! And yummmmmmmmmmmmm I wanna cupcake! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Emma said...

Thats a great idea, will be trying that, love your cake stand too.

Diana Fisher said...

Fabulous page and yum on the cupcakes. Red velvet is my favorite—when my mom makes it. Her's is the best! :)

Susie said...

I love this! Is there anyway to get that stamp in the UK?

Lynnda said...

OMG!!! Love the coffee staining!! Awesome Lisa... Yummy cuppycakes... hugs...xoxo

Denise said...

love your cake stand Lisa!! You did such a wonderful job with this challenge and so fast to. I enjoy my own company as well somedays but it would be nice to have coffee and cupcakes with you.

Mitralee said...

This is so beautiful!! Love your style and the photo!

Fabi Ormerod said...

Loved the coffee idea Lisa, youre great! by the way: dont you dare to have other plans for that june weekend, humpf! ;/ Love,

Hannah said...

Lovely LO lisa, love the idea of using coffee to stain elemets, I've done this before but never thought of doing it for scrapping :)

Kim said...

way cool Lisa, iam loving alll your dyed elements...and that back ground is to die for!

Sue said...

Amazing bet the page smells good too

Love the title and the journalling xx

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

So odd, but my grandmother and I were just talking about dying things with coffee and tea this weekend! I could sure go for one of your cupcakes about now :)

sandi said...

Another beauty! Love the painting and the coffee staining!