Sunday 12 July 2009

Hollie's Birthday Week

My baby is now 10. How on earth did that happen??? Everyone says how the time flies by when you have a child and they grow up so quickly, it didn't think they really meant it though.
It's been a busy busy week, not too much crafty stuff to get done.
Here's her birthday card that I made from us though, using my new toy. I finally bought a cuttlebug which arrived this week. Just love the embossing folders and now I need more, more, more : )
So busy week here.
Monday, Hollie had a day with her class at the comp, which she loved. Wednesday Louis went to Marwell zoo with his class, which he loved. We then had 2 of Hollie's friends and a friend of Louis's over for a birthday tea. I made menus and waited on them. It was really fun. I also made this cake for Hollie.
I do tend to buy cakes but have been making abit for of an effort lately. This one was going terribly wrong, so I headed for my crafty stash and did what I do best.....pretty papers. Ta...daaaaaaaaaaaa..... Sassafras to the rescue.


Thursday was Hollie's birthday. But she was at school all day. Ade came home from work early and we ordered in pizza for tea and then we all went out in the evening as the comp school had an open evening. We really enjoyed the evening and was very impressed with the school.

Friday was Hollie's sportsday. Hollie had been hoping it would be rained off, she hates sportsday and comes last at everything. Surprisingly though she came first in the skipping race, first in the sack race and second in the egg(spud) and spoon. So she enjoyed sportsday after all.

Saturday was her party. We had a bbq singstar party. We all had lots of fun and Hollie said the same thing as she does every year 'Thanks, this was the best part ever'.

Here's her birthday cakes I made.



And here's Hollie winning in the sack race. I feel so proud of her as she's so much smaller than everyone else in her year.


And to top it all we had school reports. Hollie's was excellent. Lovely things written about her with a note saying her artwork is outstanding : ) everything was average and above.
We also got Louis's end of school test results through and he got top in everything. He's a bright little button, I hope this continues when he goes to junior school in September.

Suppertime now, I'm starving xx

1 comment:

Nina said...

Ohhhh super spooky! Callums 10th birthday was on wednesday and he had parents open evening that day too! Happy Birthday Hollie!