Tuesday 28 July 2009

My Weekend Makings

Hi!!!
I was in much need of a lazy weekend. The kids broke up from school and as usual I got poorly. Not bad poorly, but just felt exhausted and again, lost my voice. This seems to be a regular thing for me. I work all hours like crazy and then it catches up on me.
We stayed in for the weekend, apart from a nice walk on Sunday. Kids were happy playing and I was happy crafting (can't remember what Ade was happy doing).
I made this reward chart. Something I've been wanting to do for a while. I think Cocoa Daisy's July kit spurred me on. Take a look and see why...cocoa daisy. Gorgeous isn't it, and crying out to be cut up.

These owls and the tree are papers from the kit cut up. The tree is hand drawn and cut and everythings been laminated.
I've used the box the kit came in (and painted it) for the sun and clouds.


I'm really pleased with it. Ready to hang on the kitchen door.
The kids aren't actually naughty these days, but just need reminding at times, so this will hopefully help. Louis gets a red pen and Hollie a blue. The chart has also been laminated so the pen can be rubbed off at the end of the week. As they do things like make their beds, brush teeth, they tick them off. I want to encourage them to help out more at home now too. This is also where the chart comes in.

I also made this LO of Louis using the latest Scarletlime kit.

I love that photo, but can't believe I actually painted my lounge that colour !!!! I was about 8months preganant when I painted it. Think I'll put it down to hormones.

And the journaling.

I made my first DT LO for The studio yesterday. But you'll have to wait until the 1st August to see that. It's a cracking challenge though so tune in to join in.
See you soon xx

5 comments:

Sue said...

I love the sunny chart Lis - AND a massive well done on the DT - you so deserve it I am well chuffed for you - can't wait to see your 'makes'

MY BLOG

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Your being so productive at the moment, you put me to shame! Love your weekend makings

Emma said...

sweet little chart! very creative and the LO is so cute, I painted my livingroom yellow like that once, think I might have been pregnant at the time too! that explains it lol!

vtpuggirl said...

Love your project, great idea!

Kazzy said...

Great reward chart Lisa. Congrats on the DT as well...your work is always gorgeous so I'm not surprised!