Thursday 30 July 2009

The little things...

That's what this post is going to be about....little things (not me though)
It is the little things that make a difference isn't it?!! Although Ade won't be agreeing with that on his birthday in a couple of weeks time when he doesn't receive anything big this year.

This LO has been scraplifted from Cocoa Daisy's Anna. It's this months scraplift contest.
If you want to join in the deadline is the 10th August and a CD prize is up for grabs. Visit here.
I've been wanting to scrap this photo since December and it just hasn't happened, so I'm pleased to finally have the story on paper now.
I feel this is one of those moments when I think....'this is what scrapping is about'. It's about all the little things that would usually get forgotten about. But it's these little things that brighten the day and make you feel so warm and loved. These are the things I want to remember.

I've used lots of sassafras, some making memories, other odd bits of pp found in old kits too. Lots of this moths unity stamps which I'm loving. The title has been handcut from corrugated card. There's also bits of Love Elsie,Jenni Bowlin, Scenic Route and dont you just love the red alphas (mylittleshoebox.com)

Onto my next LO.
Now this one is a mystery to me. I had the photos printed for something else, but I'm sure my creativity played tricks on me last night.
I had a tough day yesterday , so when the kids were ready for bed, Ade was clearing away the dinner things, I snuck in here for some peace and quiet....naturally the phone then rung, it was Mum. So whilst chatting, this was made.


I've mosting used Cocoa Daisy bits. I used a page of a mini book to draw around and cut out the pink pp.
Do you not find that odd though, I made this without really thinking about it. Not really my 'now' style. I kind of like it though.

We are going to a big wedding style party tomorrow. Not a wedding but a close friend is having a blessing with a big reception party after. I'm feeling really nervous. Just not used to going out and dressing up anymore. I hope the kids will be on their best behaviour. The kids are all on tables together. Sounds like trouble to me. Wish me luck xx


4 comments:

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Your first LO is amazing, I love all your Unity stamping, great use of the kit, I wish I had your inspiration!

Nickynoo said...

Lovely loveliness, Lis! Your Pink LO may not be your usual thing but I love it xx

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful pages! I think every page just kind of turns out how it's supposed to, you know? Have fun at the wedding!

Emma said...

How on earth did you manage to talk on the phone AND create that lovely lo at the same time???

that first LO is beautiful, a real work of art!!!